Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Big Layoffs Hit Agents of Mayhem Developer Volition

"Volition, the studio behind Agents of Mayhem, laid off over 30 people this week including general manager Dan Cermak, three sources tell Kotaku. The studio previously had around 200 employees.


These layoffs come one month after the release of Agents of Mayhem, an action game set in the same world as Volition’s longrunning Saints Row series. Sources say that Deep Silver, the publisher and parent company of Volition, was unhappy with Agents of Mayhem’s sales"
Kotaku 
That's right folks, I was chosen to be laid off today at Volition. No hard feelings, I understand what and why this happened. Its tough tho, 34, good hard working people lost their jobs as well. AOM is an interesting project to say the least, I cant get into so much because of my NDA, but the tires were loosing air on take off with this project simply put. It's rough having that position and trying to work my way up the ranks for years. However we spoke about this day often at work and we all kinda saw it coming. I don't hold any grudges on anyone or anything. That's just life. Like Frank Sinatra said, 
"Your riding high in April, shot down in May, but I know I'm gonna change that tune, when I'm back on top, back on top in June. I said that's life." 
My only worry is just my financial situation. I hope I can hear back from people and move forward with my life. I wish everyone a good life and good luck. I'm not going anywhere, I'll be around internet. Stay classy.



No comments:

Post a Comment