Friday, January 23, 2015

UDK Mod Mechanical Meltdown

Hello internet and welcome to my latest blog post. I'm very excited about this one. I started a new level two weeks ago and I set out to create a chaotic multiplayer map. I wanted to use ZERO G physics but decided that wasn't going to work. So I came up with a really fun map. I did all the scripting by myself with the tools that UDK offers. I've implemented triggering doors that open and shut. (with sound ques) I have a really cool water trap toward the back of the map. The idea is there is  a console any player can trigger causing a watery death trap. I was pretty proud of this and it comes in handy during a match. I've scatted weapons and pickups around the map for that extra bonus fun. Vehicles have been dropped in along with jump pads. What is pretty neat are the moving elevators that give the player a great vantage point above other players. I actually built the radio tower with static meshes UDK offers. And lastly what I'm most proud of is my skybox and the lighting. I really love space and cool space wallpapers. So I added stars to a cloudy skybox and turned up that purple scene lighting. Its very pretty. Well what are you waiting for? Go check out the pics and videos found below. Thanks internet. 


This was the concept art I found online. This is how I wanted to level to look and feel.

 Sweet cloudy purple space.


 The tower I build piece by piece. 


Robot city was the original name of this map.

Mechanical Meltdown Deathmatch.
Mechanical Meltdown walk through. Explore all the triggers and rooms.
Mechanical Meltdown Deathmatch with vehicles. 

Videos ^

No comments:

Post a Comment